First Contact Physiotherapist
An exciting opportunity has arisen with Physio and Health Matters to work within a local Primary Care network to provide a First Contact Physiotherapist service. We are therefore seeking an experienced, dynamic and motivated MSK Physiotherapist to join our team in the Coventry area. We are looking for permanent, full time staff who will be remunerated at Band 7 / 8a, subject to skills and experience.
The successful candidate will have excellent MSK / Orthopaedic / Rheumatological diagnostic abilities, with first-rate clinical, communication and organisational skills, they will be a professional, self-motivated and independent worker able to build excellent working relationships with the PCN team members. Ideally, they will have a Masters’ degree, be MACP registered and have experience or training in the FCP role.
The position requires;
- Professional responsibility as a First Contact Physiotherapist.
- High-level decision-making and clinical-reasoning skills to assess, diagnose and triage patients with potentially complex needs.
- Assessment of patients with potentially complex needs, including patients with long-term conditions, co-morbidities and multi-factorial needs.
- Provision of care that is responsive, timely and proactive, tailored to the individual needs. Including an appraisal of the impact of the individual’s clinical status on their general health, well-being and employment status utilising the biopsychosocial model.
- Provision of support to patients in goal-setting and self-management of their condition.
- Develop interventions based on best practice and available evidence.
- Effective and appropriate communication with patients and carers, often in complex situations.
- Excellent communication with the whole multi professional team to streamline and develop effective clinical pathways.
- Ability to record and interpret data in relation to agreed KPI’s.
- Familiarity with the Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations (IR(ME)R), when and which diagnostics are suitable.
- Experience as an Independent Non-Medical Prescriber.
- Injection training.
- Ability and experience in interpreting / reading blood test results.
To apply please send your cv and covering letter to
Paul Hopkins, Practice Manager
Physio and Health Matters Ltd
3 Gipsy Lane, Balsall Common
T: 01676 533106 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org / W: www.physioandhealthmatters.com